DAN's should stop infighting ...

Discuss autism theories, media stories, and efforts to put ASD on the government agenda here.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

Forum rules
Please limit quotes from articles to five paragraphs. Also, researchers may post study information here.
srinath

DAN's should stop infighting ...

Postby srinath » Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:13 pm

I know some amount of pride in your work is needed ...
But I really think the doctors that have invented these protocols entirely dismiss others ...
We all know Anndy Catler ... Dr N, Dr G, Dr Butters, Dr Yasko, Dr Ha1ey, and everyone else who has a protocol ... Honestly there may be a 100 ways to get the same result ... or some child may not respond to any of the 100 ... I'd like to see less infighting ... The premise is the same ... just different routes of getting the result ... and pity is ... this totally undermines the strength of the group. That is how the British occupied India ... we endlessly fought each other over whose language was superior ... or whatever else we fought about ...
I know I am in my perfect little world ... OK fine ...
Cool.
Srinath.
No cutting and pasting selective parts of this post.

kathleenjj

Postby kathleenjj » Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:49 pm

what is the point of this thread? are you trying to make DAN docs sound bad?
Kathleen
Proud Mom

merry

fighting

Postby merry » Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:18 am

Srinath,
I agree, the disagreements don't help the cause and it is wasteing precious time better spent on research and actually helping individuals with autism.

It's the same with many issues. Take religion. My opinion is God didn't intend for us to have debates over whose religion is the "true" religion and fighting and killing in His name. But it happens and I feel it is wrong :!:

The DANS should work together and show a united front for a more positive image for the autism cause. :)
Merry mom to A-14 yo boy with autism and type 1 diabetes

srinath

Just getting bashed

Postby srinath » Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:53 am

kathleenjj wrote:what is the point of this thread? are you trying to make DAN docs sound bad?

Well Its my recoil reaction to being bashed by a Dr N patient ... and its turning into a clique based system ... And I dont have the knowledge or inclination to drag any DAN through the mud ... agreed its all imperfect ... agreed its all to be researched and improved ... in the mean time remember we are fighting and working for the same people and goals.
Its well known, and I am just telling people that each ideology has merits and its all incomplete and imperfect ... wanna wait for perfect ... sure wait ... else ... dont critisize and trash someone else's best bet ...
Cool.

Srinath.

williams_dad

Postby williams_dad » Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:47 am

Sadly I think it is human nature srinath

* I have the only solution / truth / knowledge .....
* we follow Guru >>insert name<< because he / she has the only ......
* If you buy our and only our product you will be enlightened / cured .....
* all others are heretics / frauds / fakes / inferior copies
* if you are not in our club / organisation .......
.... you need to be re-educated / indroctrinated / brain-washed ...

And sadly over the last few months
it seems that therapies for autism
seem to have fallen into this trap

There is the old story of the four blind men describing an elephant
and each holding a different part
1, the trunk
2, the tail
3, an ear
4, a leg
and each one insisting their description is the only valid description

sigh
WD

srinath

I know

Postby srinath » Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:35 am

I know ... I usually see other people's work and if its good ... I'll copy it ... That is the second human nature ... :lol:
Cool.
Srinath.
Cool.

Srinath.

Joey'smom

Postby Joey'smom » Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:00 am

I kind of see what you're saying. It's very confusing to me as a parent to try to figure out which protocol to follow. Yes, I wish there was one road to follow as well. But I guess it could be like this with any number of diseases and conditions - many docs follow different treatment paths, prescribe different drugs. It all depends on finding a doc who shows success - very tough.
Joey, 10 yrs., PDD-NOS was our last dx
GFCF, Yasko, ABA
Hoping to get to RDI

srinath

Murky

Postby srinath » Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:59 am

Joey'smom wrote:I kind of see what you're saying. It's very confusing to me as a parent to try to figure out which protocol to follow. Yes, I wish there was one road to follow as well. But I guess it could be like this with any number of diseases and conditions - many docs follow different treatment paths, prescribe different drugs. It all depends on finding a doc who shows success - very tough.

Its even more confusing due to the fact that most of the protocols work just fine for most kids ... how do you decide then ...
AKA ... each one does his best and just talks about it ... not start commenting on what ever else someone is doing.
Cool.
Srinath.
Cool.

Srinath.

srinath

I am sorry

Postby srinath » Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:00 pm

I am sorry, I was under the mistaken impression that Ghrelin was not a complete a$$ and he that he/she was being honest about Dr N conflicting with Dr G's treatment protocol. This thread is now a bit unneccesary now ... Sorry for being a bit slow in my research.
Cool.
Srinath.
Cool.

Srinath.

Return to “Autism Articles, Studies & Politics”