From Emotions To Advocacy

Publish Your Reviews of Books / Videos about Autism, PDD or Asperger's.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

Forum rules
Book authors may post about their own books, if they identify themselves as the author.
BTDT

From Emotions To Advocacy

Postby BTDT » Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:30 am

MCA mentioned this book in a thread in the support forum. I was going to say how great I think it is up there, but then I took a look down here and saw nobody has ever reviewed it. If you have to deal with a school system, and/or your child is assessed with standardized tests, this is the book to have. The information on testing alone has been invaluable to me.

I got this book when I went to a Wrightslaw conference, and if you can go to a conference I highly recommend it, but if you can't I would still get this book. It is easy to read and has examples. It has sample letters for writing to the schools, and emphasizes the importance of putting everything in writing. It tells you how to organize information, and how to prepare for meetings. It tells you how to prepare graphs and other visualize aids to use in meetings. It just has all kinds of ideas.

This has been THE most helpful book for all 3 of my children when dealing with the school system.

lookingforanswers

Postby lookingforanswers » Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:18 am

GREAT book. This book helped me more than the expensive "educational advocate" we hired for one IEP (and the book cost a lot less $$). This book will have you thinking about how you interact with your school differently, and definitely will have you looking at those assessment test scores differently.

Return to “Autism Book Reviews”