You Read To Me, I'll Read To You

Publish Your Reviews of Books / Videos about Autism, PDD or Asperger's.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

Forum rules
Book authors may post about their own books, if they identify themselves as the author.
BTDT

You Read To Me, I'll Read To You

Postby BTDT » Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:22 pm

A couple of weeks ago I was looking for some books to help my son with his reading fluency and found the "You Read To Me, I'll Read To You" series. These books are exactly what I was looking for, they are for 2 readers, one reader reads the lines for one character, and the other reader reads the lines for the other character, so it is similar to reader's theater but for only 2 readers. The lines are in 2 different colors so that makes it easy to see which part is which. I think these books would also be good for emphasizing the back and forth of conversation.

mibrielle

Re: You Read To Me, I'll Read To You

Postby mibrielle » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:40 pm

BTDT wrote: I think these books would also be good for emphasizing the back and forth of conversation.

These books sound great! Off to have a look ( or order them :wink: ) now.... :D
mibrielle

mibrielle

Postby mibrielle » Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:17 am

Received these earlier this week, they've become my kids current favorites. The back and forth format is great, the language is written in rhyme & less natural language (I know it wasn't written to be a teaching tool specifically), but I think my son will benefit from it nontheless. He enjoys picking his "color/character" for each story.
It would be great if there were some social stories written in this format to give my son some practice - or even some non-rhyming stories.
Does anyone know if that exists? I guess it would be easy enough to adapt something I have.... :idea:
mibrielle

Return to “Autism Book Reviews”