Anyone read A parents guide...

Publish Your Reviews of Books / Videos about Autism, PDD or Asperger's.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

Forum rules
Book authors may post about their own books, if they identify themselves as the author.
Kat_maine

Anyone read A parents guide...

Postby Kat_maine » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:45 pm

A parent's guide to Asperger's Syndrome & High-Functioning Autisim: How to meet the challenges and help your child thrive

[/i] By Sally Ozonoff, Ph.D., Geraldine Dawson, Ph.D, and James Mcpartland, Ph.D.

Has anyone read this?
An evaluator recomended this to us unsure if it helps

JesKlu

Re: Anyone read A parents guide...

Postby JesKlu » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:06 am

Kat_maine wrote:A parent's guide to Asperger's Syndrome & High-Functioning Autisim: How to meet the challenges and help your child thrive

[/i] By Sally Ozonoff, Ph.D., Geraldine Dawson, Ph.D, and James Mcpartland, Ph.D.

Has anyone read this?
An evaluator recomended this to us unsure if it helps

I have the book right now.

I believe it is a good book because these authors tell parents to focus on the child's strengths and what thy are good at, rather than focus all the time on the weaknesses. This book talks about treatment and stuff and talks about the conditions, but again, tells you to focus on your child's strengths and not to get all depressed.

I think it is a very uplifting book.

P.S. I am not a parent, I am someone with an ASD, but like I said, this book is encouraging.

Jessica

Kat_maine

Postby Kat_maine » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:21 pm

Thank you, we have ordered the book we were told to wait about 2 weeks. then we found out the supplier was out of them so another 3-6 weeks lol.

I love all these suppliers.

Return to “Autism Book Reviews”