A Pebble to Polish

Publish Your Reviews of Books / Videos about Autism, PDD or Asperger's.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

Forum rules
Book authors may post about their own books, if they identify themselves as the author.
Lord Leszl

A Pebble to Polish

Postby Lord Leszl » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:36 pm

When you are asked by someone about autism, wouldn't it be wonderful if you could hand them an entertaining novel they would not only enjoy reading but also learn about this complex disorder? That is the intent of
A Pebble To Polish which is available on Amazon.com.

The Aegis newspaper called it “a really good read”, “…written from the heart, a fast moving story of surprises and heartbreak…”

Below is a description as written by the publisher:

A Pebble to Polish by disability and parent advocate Janet Lord Leszl demystifies autism. With a rich blend of prose, this wonderfully plotted novel draws from the author’s own experience of raising a child with autism. With all of life’s uncertainties and frustrations magnified, this book provides an accurate portrait of the many faces and predicaments of this disorder. Life can be a rollercoaster and for families of children with autism life is the ultimate rollercoaster ride.
The romantic and idealistic, Cassandra Delaine is ready for a life of wealth and good fortune when she is devastated by a sudden and tragic loss. While fate smiles on her financially, a short-lived romance brings a child which under the best circumstances would be a tough gig. When the child is diagnosed with autism, she must learn to avail herself to the kindness and fortitude of a small community of other mother’s of children with autism.
Janet Lord Leszl
author of A Pebble to Polish

Lord Leszl

most recent Amazon.com review

Postby Lord Leszl » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:35 am

previous content of this message removed.
Last edited by Lord Leszl on Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Janet Lord Leszl

Lord Leszl

Postby Lord Leszl » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:54 pm

FYI: As of 8/6/2008 A Pebble to Polish will be unavailable for order from Amazon.com for a period of about two weeks- Library of Congress Control Number is being added along with a quote from Kirkus Discoveries. If you need a copy in that time period, private message me.
Janet Lord Leszl

Lord Leszl

Postby Lord Leszl » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:21 pm

FYI: In case anyone was looking for A Pebble to Polish, it is once again available for purchase from online retailers (Amazon.com & booksurge.com)
Janet Lord Leszl

williams_dad

Postby williams_dad » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:56 am

Just a word of caution you are breaching Amazons copyright by reprinting the review by Joy Delgado and exposing this site to litigation.

WD
http://spectrumsleuth.fr.yuku.com/forums/11/General/General

Lord Leszl

Postby Lord Leszl » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:29 pm

I was under the impression that I had a right to post the review because:
1. I am the author of the book in question.
2. I contacted the person who gave the review and had permission from her.
3. I gave credit to the fact that it was posted on Amazon.com

But it in case I am wrong, I clearly do not want any problems for this web site so I am removing the review. Instead, below is a link to the detail page for A Pebble To Polish on Amazon.com for anyone who is interested in reading the 5 star reviews that readers have given the book. Please accept my appology for any concern this may have raised.

http://www.amazon.com/Pebble-Polish-Jan ... 444&sr=8-1
Janet Lord Leszl

williams_dad

Postby williams_dad » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:13 am

Hi Janet

2. I contacted the person who gave the review and had permission from her.

is the one you need, however you should note "reprinted with permission" - by all means put it back if you do have have permission because although Amazon have copyright over what is printed on their pages including reviews, the author of the review however retains their rights and can assign it wherever they wish.

May I urge you to also promote your book here
Literary forums link
a section of "literary forums" for authors to promote their books and take questions from those interested in it.

regards
WD
http://spectrumsleuth.fr.yuku.com/forums/11/General/General

Lord Leszl

Award-Winning Finalist

Postby Lord Leszl » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:12 am

I hope you don't mind but I just have to brag; I'm about ready to jump through my skin! After all my hard work, trying to get recognition for my book, I received an e-mail this morning announcing the following distinction for, A Pebble to Polish: Award-Winning Finalist in the Fiction & Literature: Chick Lit/Women's Lit category of the National Best Books 2008 Awards, sponsored by USA Book News.
:D
(My finalist category denotes chick lit/women's lit, but a male, financial adviser acquaintance has been raving about how good it is ever since he read it.)

Perhaps with this new distinction I’ll be able to help further understanding of autism spectrum disorders among readers who prefer fiction titles.
Janet Lord Leszl

Lord Leszl

Re: A Pebble to Polish

Postby Lord Leszl » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:44 pm

I am happy to report A Pebble to Polish was awarded a Gold Medal for Adult Fiction from the prestigious Mom's Choice Awards. Also, Midwest Book Review gave it a five star review.
Janet Lord Leszl

Lord Leszl

Re: A Pebble to Polish

Postby Lord Leszl » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:19 am

Thank you for your post. FYI: Book stores general do not keep this in stock but can order it for you. You can also order directly from Amazon.com or Barnes & Noble to have it sent directly to you.
Janet Lord Leszl

Return to “Autism Book Reviews”