Memory Keepers Daughter

Publish Your Reviews of Books / Videos about Autism, PDD or Asperger's.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

Forum rules
Book authors may post about their own books, if they identify themselves as the author.
channelle

Memory Keepers Daughter

Postby channelle » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:35 am

Hi everyone. I’m not sure if you are familiar with Kim Edward’s book the Memory Keeper’s Daughter. But it's an exceptional book in which a father delivers his twins, one of whom is born with Down Syndrome. He makes the decision to hide her birth from his wife, a lie which has tragic results for his family. It was a wonderful book and I wanted to share with everyone that there is a movie version that will be on TV this Saturday at 9 on Lifetime. It looks beautiful and I think it will do the book justice.

FallenAngel

Postby FallenAngel » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:32 am

Thanks for the tip. I caught the encore of the movie.. It was really good. What did you think about it?

lookingforanswers

Postby lookingforanswers » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:15 pm

Thanks for the notice. I watched most of it (came in a little late) and thought it was good. How did it compare to the novel?

I knew a woman who defied the doctors back in the late 1950s and brought her son with Down Syndrome home to raise. This is before IEPs and special education and the Americans with Disabilities Act. Imagine the courage it took to do that, at that time, when no one was supportive.

Return to “Autism Book Reviews”