Special Diets for Special Kids by Lisa Lewis Ph.D.

Publish Your Reviews of Books / Videos about Autism, PDD or Asperger's.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

Forum rules
Book authors may post about their own books, if they identify themselves as the author.
calebsmom

Special Diets for Special Kids by Lisa Lewis Ph.D.

Postby calebsmom » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:03 am

This book is great for anyone putting their autistic child on the GFCF diet. I tells how to slowly transition them over to these new food, and substitutes. It is filled with lots of great recipies. I liked the book soo much that me and my autistic child are both on the diet, and I fee soo much better physically, but watch out for when you eat out a restraunts after being on the diet for a while because you will probably be sick. O there is also a lot of information about the G&C and what it does to your body.
Caleb's Mom

mouseker

Postby mouseker » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:48 am

Actually most restraunts have a website with allergen info on it so if you check before you go you can usually find some GFCF foods to order when you get there.

I totally love Lisa Lewis' book it is the one I recomend to people just starting the diet because it has so much information on ingredients to watch out for and the more technical side of the diet. I felt totally comfortable calling manufacturers and asking about their products after having read this book because I had a pretty good idea what I was talking about.

calebsmom

special diets for special kids

Postby calebsmom » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:27 pm

Thank you for your posting, I was unaware of that. Maybe now we can go out to eat without getting sick.
Caleb's Mom

Return to “Autism Book Reviews”