He's Not Autistic but ..... tenna merchant

Publish Your Reviews of Books / Videos about Autism, PDD or Asperger's.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

Forum rules
Book authors may post about their own books, if they identify themselves as the author.
jadensmom

He's Not Autistic but ..... tenna merchant

Postby jadensmom » Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:40 pm

Has anyone read the book He's not autistic , but.... How we pulled our son from the mouth of the Abyss by Tenna Merchant. I thought I had read almost all of the autism books until I found this one. Even though my son is seeing a Dan doctor, bioset and chiropractor this book was a little much for me and I thought it was a little out there.

jaysmum

He's not autistic - but

Postby jaysmum » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:18 pm

Hi, Yes I read this book! Did you "get" that the "Master Herbalist" was God? I didn't at first.

I do believe in the power of prayer, and its done my boy and me really good. However I agree with you that it was a huge mind bender and made me wonder if she got the aluminium out (one of the harder metals to detox I believe) whether as a by product she got all the other metals out as well, hence recovery.

But what a strange book, I have to say.
Takes all sorts, but all are welcome at the table I guess!

Eileen in UK

FuzzyOne

Postby FuzzyOne » Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:52 pm

this book was a huge waste of our money. it is really out there and is not well researched or easily believable. i mean, i am sure that her son is better, but her methods or treatment are very difficult to swallow.

jaysmum

Postby jaysmum » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:24 am

Totally agree it was out there though. And I would not recommend buying it either. There are so many better books on the market!!
With love
Eileen, Eric and Jamie

Liz77

Postby Liz77 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:17 pm

Just boring and weird! I din't finish it.

HamsterLady

Re: He's Not Autistic but ..... tenna merchant

Postby HamsterLady » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:49 pm

Got this book for free from a website and oh my gosh...it was so out there I didn't even donate it; I threw it out. (I donate books I don't like usually, or trade them)
-Brandy Nichole Wilson
Autistic and an autism blogger
http://www.shesmorethananumber.blogspot.com

Return to “Autism Book Reviews”