How Can I Talk If My Lips Don't Move?

Publish Your Reviews of Books / Videos about Autism, PDD or Asperger's.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

Forum rules
Book authors may post about their own books, if they identify themselves as the author.
TNMomma

How Can I Talk If My Lips Don't Move?

Postby TNMomma » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:59 pm

This book is by Tito (won't dare try and spell his last name). I saw Tito and his mom Soma on 60 minutes over 10 years ago and had the pleasure of finally meeting Soma and implementing her RPM with Keith this past spring.

Anyway...Tito has written 3 books...and this one truly made me cry almost everytime I picked it up. He is almost completely non-verbal but can write and type on a computer.

The book goes into a lot of detail about how differently they see the world, process things, and why they have some of the quirks they have. It was, for the first time, a chance for me to actually think "Oh, maybe that's why Keith sniffs people" or to understand why it is that he used to spin. I really think no matter what age or to what degree your autistic child is, you would really relate to this book.

I read The Mind Tree by Tito as well...and it was very insightful and I really enjoyed it too, but it wasn't as indepth into the mind and thinking of an autistic person as this book was. I still would recommend both.
Sherri
Momma to Keith, 16, non-verbal autistic with Tuberous Sclerosis

Return to “Autism Book Reviews”