Anyone read......

Publish Your Reviews of Books / Videos about Autism, PDD or Asperger's.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

Forum rules
Book authors may post about their own books, if they identify themselves as the author.
batgabbard

Anyone read......

Postby batgabbard » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:50 am

Children with Starving Brains? I was told by the DAN Dr. I am taking my son too in July for 1st appt. (well, I am going for him) to read this book! Is it a good choice or do any of you have any books you suggest.

I hate to read and I currently read the Twilight series before all this Autism talk with my son started. I told my aunt I would have to find me another series of books to read. I just hate that is about Autism. But, of course you all feel the same way I am sure.

Thanks

Janie

Postby Janie » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:58 pm

It's definitely the best one to start with. It's pretty easy to read, and it's not like you have to keep up with a plot or characters, so you can just take it chapter at a time.
Mom to one 6 yr old - HFA

marilyna

Postby marilyna » Wed May 13, 2009 10:49 am

Janie,
I haven't read that book, but I'm the opposite. I read about autism all the time and I love to. But then, I've always loved to read. Let us know if the book is good, okay?
Marilyn
Mom of Jay, age 8, moderate autism, Tiffany, age 7 NT

Janie

Postby Janie » Wed May 13, 2009 12:29 pm

marilyna wrote:Janie,
I haven't read that book, but I'm the opposite. I read about autism all the time and I love to. But then, I've always loved to read. Let us know if the book is good, okay?

It is good - very good.
Mom to one 6 yr old - HFA

Return to “Autism Book Reviews”