Healing and preventing autism, jenny mccarthy

Publish Your Reviews of Books / Videos about Autism, PDD or Asperger's.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

Forum rules
Book authors may post about their own books, if they identify themselves as the author.
jadensmom

Healing and preventing autism, jenny mccarthy

Postby jadensmom » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:02 am

Is jenny's new book worth buying? I have read almost all the autism books that I know of. Will I get much more information do you think? Some people say its more of a advertisement to go to her DAN's website. Hate to spend the money if its not worth it.

lookingforanswers

Re: Healing and preventing autism, jenny mccarthy

Postby lookingforanswers » Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:45 pm

I posted my review here: http://www.autismweb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=18254 . It was the only Jenny book I've read, so I can't compare it to her other two books.

Kari

Postby Kari » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:00 pm

I read a copy from the local library. Check and see if the library near you has one to borrow. I don't feel I need to own a copy at this time, after reading it. It does have some good info, though. It triggered some thought patterns on what I could to do to help my son, so it was a worthy read for me.

Dani

Postby Dani » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:39 pm

I've read all of Jenny's previous books about autism. My complaint with her last book "Mother Warriors" was the woeful lack of details. She had several parents who recovered their children from the autism spectrum but there wasn't a lot of information about what worked, what didn't, who they saw, what they did. The latest book "Healing and Preventing Autism" has quite a bit of information. Much of it wasn't new to me since we've done biomed for over a year but still I feel I got my money's worth. Sometimes Jenny's sassy interview style got on my nerves but that's the only minor complaint I have about the book. Get it if you haven't read it.
I didn't know how strong I could be until I had to be.

Return to “Autism Book Reviews”