Babycakes by Erin McKenna

Publish Your Reviews of Books / Videos about Autism, PDD or Asperger's.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

Forum rules
Book authors may post about their own books, if they identify themselves as the author.
dorybh

Babycakes by Erin McKenna

Postby dorybh » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:08 am

After a short introduction on her inspiration behind her bakery, also called Babycakes, this book is chock-full of recipes that are easy to prepare and (mostly) quick. They use ingredients you can find at your local health food store. She also recommends having certain kitchen equipment, which while not necessary, can make your gluten-free baking easier. All recipes are vegan (no dairy), gluten-free and mostly sugar-free. They are strictly for those who enjoy sweets and treats, and include everything from muffins to teacakes.

My only complaint with the book (strictly personal) is that it featured coconut oil in many of the recipes and unfortunately, my son cannot tolerate coconut. I did correspond with someone from the bakery regarding an appropriate substitute, and they answered me the same day with the suggestion of using canola oil.

There is a short section on resources and purveyors in the back of the book which may provide added support for readers. If you would like to try some new baking adventures, I'd recommend this book!
dory
I had to be there, to get here.

Return to “Autism Book Reviews”