Healing the symptoms known as Autism by Kerri Rivera

Publish Your Reviews of Books / Videos about Autism, PDD or Asperger's.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

Forum rules
Book authors may post about their own books, if they identify themselves as the author.
Winnie

Re: Healing the symptoms known as Autism by Kerri Rivera

Postby Winnie » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:24 am

Here's some info about Kerri Rivera, her “recovery” claims, and her miracle MMS/CD autism gig:

State Takes Action Against "Miracle Treatment" For Children
(article contains news story video and link to agreement Rivera signed)

After NBC 5 aired its report in May, the Illinois Attorney General’s office took notice.

"I’m very thankful that NBC 5 actually brought this to our attention," said Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan. "Because clearly, you have a situation where there are people, complete quacks, that are out there promoting a very dangerous chemical being given to young children."

Madigan’s office dispatched investigators to a Rivera appearance at a suburban Chicago hotel in late May. After her seminar, they served her with a subpoena, demanding that she substantiate the claims she had made of her protocol’s effectiveness in treating autistic children.

Full article: http://www.nbcchicago.com/investigations/illinois-attorney-general-lisa-madigan-miracle-mineral-solution-autism-309703521.html

More facts:

163 Children Healed From Autism? Nope.

Well, let’s meet MMS/CD success story number 163. It’s an amazing story. And fabricated. And Kerri Riviera, the woman most prominently pushing MMS/CD on the autism community, accepted it without any effort to corroborate the story. None.

As it turns out, there is no #163. This child, the one who was miraculously healed, does not exist. This story was fabricated by someone questioning the authenticity of Kerri Rivera’s claims. As suspected, Ms. Rivera took credit and used this story as further “proof” that CD can cure autism. You can read the entire account of how this went down here:

http://saulniercamaut.tumblr.com/

Article continues: http://leftbrainrightbrain.co.uk/2015/0 ... tism-nope/

And more . . .

‘Miracle autism cure’ seller exposed by BBC investigation

Full article: http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-33079776

Through his website, Mr Edwards, who says he is not attending the conference, sold the researcher the one bottle of liquid labelled as 22.4% sodium chlorite and a second labelled as 4% hydrochloric acid.

When the BBC sent the chemicals to Kent Scientific Services, an independent laboratory, they were found to be 57% and 45% stronger than the advertised concentration respectively.

[. . .]

"I'm not gonna say cure... because I can get in trouble. I'd say purge. It can purge autism. Alzheimer's too.

"170 children have had their diagnosis removed of autism in four years."

Mr Edwards advised 27 drops of MMS per day for a baby - administered with a baby's bottle.

Of his own use, he said: "I put it in my eyes, my nose, my ears, bathe in it, drunk it, breathed it in my lungs. I got injected in my butt with it.

And then there is this (did you say worms?):

Warning Against Chlorine Dioxide Use

May 12, 2015

Concerned about reports of negative side effects from a treatment called MMS, ARI reached out to a scientist and a handful of clinicians and asked them to share their thoughts. Their response:

We recognize the urgency parents may feel when confronted with a diagnosis of autism, which may lead them to undertake desperate treatments such as Miracle Mineral Solution (MMS, a.k.a. CD for chlorine dioxide, or ASEA). Any medical treatment that uses "Miracle" on its label raises serious questions of old-fashioned fraud. In particular, suspicions arise with MMS, a product whose primary ingredient has side effects known to be seriously damaging. We recognize that there are off-label treatments with variable amounts of data that parents and practitioners will attempt. As pioneers in the use of a biomedical approach to autism, however, we maintain that it is critical that a treatment be considered reasonably safe before we give it to children. We do not consider MMS to meet these standards, and it violates the principal precept of medical bioethics: "first, do no harm."

While many families spend years trying to detoxify their children, MMS introduces a known toxin into their bodies. MMS has properties similar to Clorox® bleach, which can burn the upper digestive tract. The mucous threads that children expel during MMS treatment, which have been touted as worms (though laboratory analysis does not support this claim), are the body's method of protecting itself from induced oxidative stress in the lower digestive tract equivalent to the mid-day sun in its ability to produce severe sunburn.

We simply cannot know what, if any, damage may occur in the long term. We have seen severe mineral deficiencies, malabsorption, loss of beneficial flora, and anemia in our patients who have undergone this treatment. The disruption of children's gut epithelium and flora could have unforeseen consequences to their immune systems. At some point later in life, they may be also at higher risk for esophageal or stomach cancers, among other issues.

Full statement: http://www.autism.com/statement_mms

And this -- uh oh:

Department of Justice

Office of Public Affairs

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Seller of “Miracle Mineral Solution” Convicted for Marketing Toxic Chemical as a Miracle Cure

A federal jury in the Eastern District of Washington returned a guilty verdict yesterday against a Spokane, Washington, man for selling industrial bleach as a miracle cure for numerous diseases and illnesses, including cancer, AIDS, malaria, hepatitis, lyme disease, asthma and the common cold, the Department of Justice announced.

Louis Daniel Smith, 45, was convicted following a seven-day trial of conspiracy, smuggling, selling misbranded drugs and defrauding the United States. Evidence at trial showed that Smith operated a business called “Project GreenLife” (PGL) from 2007 to 2011. PGL sold a product called “Miracle Mineral Supplement,” or MMS, over the Internet. MMS is a mixture of sodium chlorite and water. Sodium chlorite is an industrial chemical used as a pesticide and for hydraulic fracking and wastewater treatment. Sodium chlorite cannot be sold for human consumption and suppliers of the chemical include a warning sheet stating that it can cause potentially fatal side effects if swallowed.

“This verdict demonstrates that the Department of Justice will prosecute those who sell dangerous chemicals as miracle cures to sick people and their desperate loved ones,” said Principal Deputy Assistant Attorney General Benjamin C. Mizer of the Justice Department’s Civil Division. “Consumers have the right to expect that the medicines that they purchase are safe and effective.” Mizer thanked the jury for its service and its careful consideration of the evidence.

The government presented evidence that Smith instructed consumers to combine MMS with citric acid to create chlorine dioxide, add water and drink the resulting mixture to cure numerous illnesses. Chlorine dioxide is a potent agent used to bleach textiles, among other industrial applications. Chlorine dioxide is a severe respiratory and eye irritant that can cause nausea, diarrhea and dehydration. According to the instructions for use that Smith provided with his product, nausea, diarrhea and vomiting were all signs that the miracle cure was working. The instructions also stated that despite a risk of possible brain damage, the product might still be appropriate for pregnant women or infants who were seriously ill.

Continues: http://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/seller-miracle-mineral-solution-convicted-marketing-toxic-chemical-miracle-cure
Winnie
"Make it a powerful memory, the happiest you can remember."

Return to “Autism Book Reviews”