for grade school siblings

Publish Your Reviews of Books / Videos about Autism, PDD or Asperger's.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

Forum rules
Book authors may post about their own books, if they identify themselves as the author.
littlebopeep

for grade school siblings

Postby littlebopeep » Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:44 pm

All About my Brother by Sarah Peralta (brother is autistic)

We got this for Noah, who is growing more aware that his little brother is different. I wasn't sure if the book would "work," that Noah would get the message. But Noah LOVES this book. He reads it every night with his dad during story time. He loves to talk about the ways that the boy in the book is similar to his brother. Noah seems very proud of his little brother when we read the story.

This book is magical for us. It is such a positive and easy to understand story. Five stars on Amazon!

http://www.amazon.com/All-About-Brother-Sarah-Peralta/dp/1931282110/sr=1-1/qid=1165949021/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/102-8855956-0591300?ie=UTF8&s=books
Fred, 7, NT
Barney, 5, autism

MCA

Postby MCA » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:24 am

Just ordered this one from Amazon, looks great, thanks!

jend

Postby jend » Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:01 am

LBP-
I'm so excited to get this book. My husband wrote a book kind of from my daughter's perspective, The Adventures of Mr. Quiet Prince and the Very Talkative Princess. He is trying to get it published now. I think these kind of books will really be so helpful. Just ordered it. Thanks!
Kayley, 5(NT)
Aidan, 3 (PDD-NOS)

BTDT

Postby BTDT » Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:31 am

jend wrote:LBP-
My husband wrote a book kind of from my daughter's perspective, The Adventures of Mr. Quiet Prince and the Very Talkative Princess. He is trying to get it published now.

That sounds very cool! Let us know how it goes.

MCA

Postby MCA » Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:11 pm

Jen, I would buy a book like that in a HEARTBEAT!!!! I hope it catches on and gets published!!!

If it doesn't I bet he'd make a ton of $$$ just self publishing and selling over the net. Does he know anyone to illustrate?

jend

Postby jend » Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:31 pm

Thanks BTDT, I will let you know :D

MCA- I hope it gets published too, I really think it is so sweet, but of course I am just a wee bit biased. He does have some people he knows who could do the illustrations if he self published, but the publishing companies do not want an illustrator attached, so for now we are waiting to see if anything pans out with them. He does want it published, regardless so if things get really stalled, he will self publish. We have decided that any $$$ made will go to an autism organization that we have already spoke with. I'll keep you posted.
Kayley, 5(NT)

Aidan, 3 (PDD-NOS)

littlebopeep

Postby littlebopeep » Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:59 am

Jend - That book sounds fantastic. And greatly needed.

I was browsing the "life problems" section of the children's dept. in our library and they had a category for every problem under the sun - except autism. :shock: When I asked the children's librarians, they agreed that they needed such a section and asked for my recommendations. I just had "All About my Brother" to offer, but your DH's book sounds like exactly what they'd be looking for. Keep us posted on the progress of his book and I'll give them his name as soon as it comes out. Soon we'll all be finding it in our local libraries. :D
Fred, 7, NT

Barney, 5, autism

Return to “Autism Book Reviews”