What Are Your Top Six Interventions - Biomed or Otherwise

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

Formydaughter3

Re: What Are Your Top Six Interventions - Biomed or Otherwis

Postby Formydaughter3 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:55 am

1. Dairy free big time difference
2. Flagyl/vancomycin/ diflucan started eating a lot more types of food less stimms
3. Probiotic mainly ther-biotic hasn't gotten a cold in the past year of any kind less carb cravings.
4. Mb12 shots sleeps better at night more energy during the day, more words the first two months anyways kinda disappeared though.
5. Im iron much better eye contact eats more amounts of food.

Really want to try chelation and hbot as I think those are the heavy hitters.

alch84

Re: What Are Your Top Six Interventions - Biomed or Otherwis

Postby alch84 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:11 am

1 Cluten free diet (stop daydreams)
2 Cod liver oil ( help start to talk)
3 Magnesium ( start to sleep all night)
4 l-carnosine (help with speech)
5 Vitamin E (help with speech and understanding )
6 Zinc

GYnot

Re: What Are Your Top Six Interventions - Biomed or Otherwise

Postby GYnot » Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:47 pm

Diet = GFCF, SCD
MB12 shots - If there were magic bullets this and diet were as close as we could get.
ABA - Lovaas
Vitamins & Supplements incl. Cod Liver Oil
HBOT
Chelation Infusions

ajaxdyn

Postby ajaxdyn » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:56 am

I think this is one of the best threads on this forum. We started our journey 7 months and we wanted to wait until we would have some results. So, here is our list of top 5:

1. Camel Milk - 5%
2. GFSFSFSF diet - 10%
3. Son-Rise Joining Technique - 5%
4. Probiotics - 5%
5. DMG - 5%

As you can tell, we are totaling at about 30% recovery in 7 months:
We went from:
- non-verbal to single words (and many, we stopped counting already)
- constipated to consistent bowel movement
- minimal eye contact to full eye contact
- high anxiety to almost no anxiety
- multiple stims to no stims

Note: that we did try:
- homeopathy with minimal effect and we stopped for a simple reason: every remedy affects both positively and negatively multiple areas, so you become constantly hooked on "next" remedy.
- we did genetics test, and while we know MTHFR, etc. are +/+, and we support it, we did not find that to be a WOW intervention. We used Dr. Yasko methodology here: B12 Drops, B Drops, etc.
- Cod Liver Oil - while we give this consistently, it's not our WOW supplement.
- Cranio-Sacral Therapy - had very minor effect

Note: What i wish we would've started with is GAPS diet (especially phase 1)

We still need to work on enhancing speech from both receptive and expressive spectrum.
Our next path is to utilize Dr. Walsh+Neubrander combined methodology: Increase Zinc, B6, and B12 shots.

We will update this in 6-7 months.

monkeyman

Postby monkeyman » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:27 pm

I have read this thread numerous times over the past year or so. It's been encouraging and informative. Here's our list (I'm going to borrow ajaxdyn's formatting):

1. MB12 (first every 3 days and now daily) - 30%
2. GFSFCF - 15%
3. ABA/ST/OT - 15%
4. Vitamin D - 5%
5. CLO - 5%
6. Nucca chiropractic - 5%

Our best estimation is we are about 75% recovered since starting this about a year ago. Still working on plenty of "little" things, and one "bigger" thing (yelling/screaming when frustrated sometimes instead of using language).

I think the biggest thing we did was just getting started so early. We have had our share of ups and downs, but overall our trajectory has been great.

We went from (15 months old to 27 months old):

* lost all language --> 500+ word vocabulary, pronunciation improving daily, using greetings appropriately without prompting, using adjectives, prepositions, nouns, verbs, etc. Requesting things he wants, commenting on things, 6-7 word sentences. Still working on getting him to ask for help or say "I'm hungry/tired/mad/etc." instead of screaming at times.

* no eye contact --> spontaneous eye contact is pretty appropriate. Still working on using eye contact while communicating verbally, responding to name with eye contact more frequently

* zero social interest --> playing appropriately with older brother, parallel playing with other kids, really enjoying co-op and getting more comfortable socially

* did not want to be held, arched back a lot of the time when picked up --> comes to us for hugs and kisses, likes being held when he needs it, cuddles and shows affection

* hiding in curtains, tearing books apart --> have not seen this behavior in a while. No hiding (except when playing "hide and seek"), reads books now by flipping one page at a time and commenting/labeling pictures

* pretty much "out of it" all the time --> zones out sometimes (as do I) but generally pretty engaged and "with it"

* stimming (toe walking, repetitive arm movements, rocking) --> Very occasional stuff (looks at the wheels of his trains from sideways angle once in a while, takes 10 steps on toes every now and then)

Still working on getting the gut completely healed. Have seen inflammatory markers improve over past six months, and stools as well (though we are currently in a period of not as "beautiful" BMs)

We will continue with daily MB12, increase supplement levels (especially zinc), and continue to work on healing the gut.

Will follow up!
MM

Fighting for Kaden

Postby Fighting for Kaden » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:11 pm

I know this does not answer the question in the post but I am desperate. I have been researching and learning what to do to help my son. Does anyone have a doctor who will prescribe the m-b12 shots? I have ran into a wall. I live in Alabama and have a recommended compounding pharmacy in my neighborhood but can't find a doctor to prescribe it. Any help in the south east???
Thank you so much. If there is already info of this site please let me know where to look and I will delete this post and look there.
Thank you!

hrr229

Postby hrr229 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:00 pm

Has anyone heard or experimented with float tanks as an intervention? I've heard it can be beneficial, and it seems to make sense. REST or restrictive environmental stimulus therapy indicates that it could be beneficial for individuals who struggle with sensory elements by lowering the frequency of brain waves, increasing neurochemicals for joy and decreasing stress hormones. In addition, the solution of magnesium sulfate can be beneficial by cleansing and detoxifying. Just wondering if anyone has tried this?

Imraan

Postby Imraan » Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:50 am

Hi does anyone know the contact number of parents using GcMAF in South Africa?

Ani'sMom

Postby Ani'sMom » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:46 am

1. Cod liver oil - went from 0 eye contact to good eye contact.
2. Kirkmans Super Nu Thera - started to sleep through the night.
3. Probiotics, coconut oil, CFGF and color free, preservative free, organic diet, grape seed extract - yeast was under control - the long gone spark in his eyes came back. The coconut oil in particular really worked well - gut healing and yeast. Probiotics - Culturelle was good. Thera biotic was alright. Couldn't tolerate three lac.
4. Glutathione - became aware of the surroundings. Responsive.
5. Zinc - high dose. Stopped falling sick. Those awful high fevers which came atleast twice a month just stopped. OLE also worked very well to stop the sniffles. After the zinc, I did not have to use antibiotics for almost 2 years!
6. ABA - we had/have wonderful people working with him - is able to read/write small sentences, focus better, color alright, can do very simple mathematics. Answers 'what?' Questions. He is 11 now. At 4.5, he wasn't even able to hold a pencil. Considering where we started, this is a big deal for us.
Just started AC protocol Chelation. So far going good. Will post the results after a few rounds.

ajaxdyn

Postby ajaxdyn » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:39 am

Since, this became a thread that i read, re-read and re-read again, i've compiled a matrix of every single intervention mentioned and used.
Maybe, it will be useful for somebody (just import it in excel):

Intervention Occurrences Category
GFCFSFSF diet 54 diet
ABA Therapy 32 behavioral
MB12 injections 26 biomed
Chelation 25 biomed
Antifungals 23 biomed
Probiotics 18 biomed
HBOT 17 exotic
Cod Liver Oil 17 biomed
Omega Fish Oil 15 biomed
Digestive Enzymes 15 biomed
Speech and Sensory Integration Therapy 14 behavioral
Bioray Liverlife 12 biomed
MultiVitamin 11 biomed
Inclusion and NT Peers 10 behavioral
Zinc 9 biomed
Classic Homeopathy 8 exotic
Occupational Therapy 8 behavioral
SCD 7 diet
Melatonin 7 biomed
Enhansa 6 biomed
Vitamin D3 6 biomed
Culturelle 6 biomed
Floortime 6 behavioral
Bioray Cytoflora 6 biomed
Valtrex 5 biomed
B12 nasal spray or drops 5 biomed
Enhansed Absorption Curcurmin 5 biomed
RDI 5 behavioral
Cranio-Sacral Therapy 5 exotic
L-Carnitine 5 biomed
DMG 5 biomed
B-Vitamins Complex 5 biomed
Oxytocin Nasal Spray 4 biomed
Magnesium 4 biomed
GAPS diet 4 diet
Prednisolone 3 biomed
Entocort 3 biomed
LOD 3 diet
Therapudic Listening 3 behavioral
Leucovorin 3 biomed
Evening Primrose Oil 3 biomed
Antivirual Protocol 3 biomed
Carnosine 3 biomed
Organic 3 diet
Elemental Diet 2 diet
Gastrochrom 2 biomed
Body Ecology Diet 2 diet
Artemesin 2 biomed
Calcium 2 biomed
Glutathione 2 biomed
NAET 2 biomed
Pets 2 exotic
Genetics Testing 2 biomed
CoQ10 2 biomed
GABA 2 biomed
taurine 2 biomed
Candex 2 biomed
OLE 2 biomed
vinpocetine 2 biomed
Removal of Food Allergens 2 biomed
Son-Rise 2 behavioral
Armour Thyroid/Natuethroid 2 biomed
Epsom Salt Bath 2 biomed
Theanine 2 biomed
Camel Milk 2 exotic
Coconut Oil 2 biomed
Biotin 1 biomed
Vitamin A 1 biomed
IVIG Therapy 1 biomed
TMG 1 biomed
Undenatured Protein 1 biomed
Selenium 1 biomed
Lactoferrin 1 biomed
Chromium 1 biomed
Molybdenum 1 biomed
Vanadium 1 biomed
Boron 1 biomed
BH4 1 biomed
Celebrex 1 biomed
Namenda 1 biomed
Bioray NDFPlus 1 biomed
Sign Language 1 behavioral
Galantamine 1 biomed
Folapro 1 biomed
Heathers Tummy Fiber 1 biomed
Spectrum Awakening Vitamins 1 biomed
Baby Bumblebee Videos 1 behavioral
Video Modeling DVDs 1 behavioral
Transfer Factor 1 biomed
Metadate CD 1 exotic
OSR 1 exotic
Tae Kwon Do 1 behavioral
Carnosine-GABA 1 biomed
Grapeseed Extract/Pychogenol Combo 1 biomed
Mitochondrial Vitamins 1 biomed
Chinese TCM Tea 1 exotic
PECS 1 behavioral
Pectasol Chelation Complex 1 biomed
Advanced Biociden 1 biomed
Infrared Sauna 1 exotic
Essential Oils 1 exotic
Amino Acid Supplements 1 biomed
Feingold Diet 1 diet
Dynavox Communication Device 1 exotic
Intunive 1 biomed
Folic Acid 1 biomed
Solaray Yest Cleanse 1 biomed
LDN 1 biomed
China Infantile Autism 1 exotic
P-5-P 1 biomed
Phosphatydlserine Complex 1 biomed
Adult Stem Cells 1 exotic
Flexi-Lite Hyperbaric Chamber 1 exotic
Fast ForWord 1 behavioral
Prism Classes 1 behavioral
Brain Highways 1 exotic
Pure Synergy Barley Grass Juice Powder 1 biomed
Apple Cider Vinegar 1 biomed
N-Acetyl Cysteine tablets 1 biomed
Speak Smooth Fish Oils 1 biomed
Piracetam 1 biomed
iPAD Flash cards 1 biomed
Fecal Transplant 1 biomed
Neuroprotek 1 biomed
Paxil 1 biomed
Fresh Garlic 1 biomed
Fresh Turmeric 1 biomed
Pedialyte 1 biomed
Valerian Root 1 biomed
Art Therapy 1 behavioral
Meditation 1 behavioral
Play Therapy 1 behavioral
Vitamin E 1 biomed
Kirkman Super Nu Thera 1 biomed

Ani'sMom

Postby Ani'sMom » Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:49 pm

This is awesome. I wanted to do this for my own reference to figure out what has majorly worked for a lot of people. I am sure this will help quite a few parents who read and reread the thread to see what really worked for everybody else.

jaumeb

Postby jaumeb » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:20 am

This is really helpful ajaxdyn.

Meinengel

Postby Meinengel » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:35 pm

ajaxdyn wrote:I think this is one of the best threads on this forum. We started our journey 7 months and we wanted to wait until we would have some results. So, here is our list of top 5:

1. Camel Milk - 5%
2. GFSFSFSF diet - 10%
3. Son-Rise Joining Technique - 5%
4. Probiotics - 5%
5. DMG - 5%

As you can tell, we are totaling at about 30% recovery in 7 months:
We went from:
- non-verbal to single words (and many, we stopped counting already)
- constipated to consistent bowel movement
- minimal eye contact to full eye contact
- high anxiety to almost no anxiety
- multiple stims to no stims

Note: that we did try:
- homeopathy with minimal effect and we stopped for a simple reason: every remedy affects both positively and negatively multiple areas, so you become constantly hooked on "next" remedy.
- we did genetics test, and while we know MTHFR, etc. are +/+, and we support it, we did not find that to be a WOW intervention. We used Dr. Yasko methodology here: B12 Drops, B Drops, etc.
- Cod Liver Oil - while we give this consistently, it's not our WOW supplement.
- Cranio-Sacral Therapy - had very minor effect

Note: What i wish we would've started with is GAPS diet (especially phase 1)

We still need to work on enhancing speech from both receptive and expressive spectrum.
Our next path is to utilize Dr. Walsh+Neubrander combined methodology: Increase Zinc, B6, and B12 shots.

We will update this in 6-7 months.

I know it hasn't been 6 months yet, but I'm very curious. Have you seen any more improvements in your child? What exactly did you do to start speech?

Dani

Postby Dani » Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:57 pm

Wow! This thread I started years ago is still going strong. I've been away from the forum for a while, but it's great to see people sharing what is working for their children on the spectrum.
I didn't know how strong I could be until I had to be.

ajaxdyn

Postby ajaxdyn » Wed May 04, 2016 9:04 am

Yes, it's been about 4-5 months now, since my last post.

We've introduced MB12 injections and nutrients "shake" prescribed by our MD. MB12 injections brought receptive speech, strong cognition. Expressive speech is still not developed. We are still on single words, with sporadic two-words phrases. Anxiety slightly increased. We also got into another cycle of constipation, but that seemed to be resolved (violator was: Almond Yogurt).

So, if i have to put our top 6 interventions today (note: that, i specifically put just 5 last time, hoping to find that WOW supplement. However, now, i understand, that there is no WOW supplement: Autism can only be treated with a combination of supplements, therapies, etc. There might some lucky cases, where people go on diet and ready to go to college next day. Well, those are exceptions...):

1. Camel Milk - 5% - still drinking
2. GFCFSFSF diet - 10% - still observing
3. Son-Rise Joining Technique - 5% - still believe that that brought his focus, eye contact back
4. Probiotics - 5% - critical for gut health, and essential to rotate from brand to brand
5. MB12 Injections (every 3 days) - 10% - cognition is fantastic now. He follows directions, understands what we are asking him to do.
6. ABA therapy - or any behavioral intervention - 10% - all of the above (biomed-wise) will not matter, unless you do any educational/behavioral intervention.
----
Total: 45%

DMG dropped from the list.

Few notable items:
COL - is an important part, we continue to give this.
Triphala - helped with his constipation.

Our ATEC score was 79 back in April 2015. It's 25 now in May 2016. We are still far from recovered.

What exactly did we do to start speech?

I believe that fixing his gut and reducing anxiety helped with his speech.

Meinengel

Postby Meinengel » Fri May 06, 2016 2:38 am

Hi there,

I found your post very informative. I was just wondering how things are going and what kind if any improvement there is....
monkeyman wrote:I have read this thread numerous times over the past year or so. It's been encouraging and informative. Here's our list (I'm going to borrow ajaxdyn's formatting):

1. MB12 (first every 3 days and now daily) - 30%
2. GFSFCF - 15%
3. ABA/ST/OT - 15%
4. Vitamin D - 5%
5. CLO - 5%
6. Nucca chiropractic - 5%

Our best estimation is we are about 75% recovered since starting this about a year ago. Still working on plenty of "little" things, and one "bigger" thing (yelling/screaming when frustrated sometimes instead of using language).

I think the biggest thing we did was just getting started so early. We have had our share of ups and downs, but overall our trajectory has been great.

We went from (15 months old to 27 months old):

* lost all language --> 500+ word vocabulary, pronunciation improving daily, using greetings appropriately without prompting, using adjectives, prepositions, nouns, verbs, etc. Requesting things he wants, commenting on things, 6-7 word sentences. Still working on getting him to ask for help or say "I'm hungry/tired/mad/etc." instead of screaming at times.

* no eye contact --> spontaneous eye contact is pretty appropriate. Still working on using eye contact while communicating verbally, responding to name with eye contact more frequently

* zero social interest --> playing appropriately with older brother, parallel playing with other kids, really enjoying co-op and getting more comfortable socially

* did not want to be held, arched back a lot of the time when picked up --> comes to us for hugs and kisses, likes being held when he needs it, cuddles and shows affection

* hiding in curtains, tearing books apart --> have not seen this behavior in a while. No hiding (except when playing "hide and seek"), reads books now by flipping one page at a time and commenting/labeling pictures

* pretty much "out of it" all the time --> zones out sometimes (as do I) but generally pretty engaged and "with it"

* stimming (toe walking, repetitive arm movements, rocking) --> Very occasional stuff (looks at the wheels of his trains from sideways angle once in a while, takes 10 steps on toes every now and then)

Still working on getting the gut completely healed. Have seen inflammatory markers improve over past six months, and stools as well (though we are currently in a period of not as "beautiful" BMs)

We will continue with daily MB12, increase supplement levels (especially zinc), and continue to work on healing the gut.

Will follow up!
MM

Nikkie111

Postby Nikkie111 » Mon May 16, 2016 4:28 pm

If anyone is still reading

1) R-LA transdermal (unbelievable results in just two weekends!)
2) Microsilica IMD
3) antivirals
4) juicing
5) kefir + probiotics
6) low carbs diet + GFCF

Nothing though as good as R-LA!!

jaumeb

Postby jaumeb » Tue May 17, 2016 10:05 am

Nikkie, which is the kefir that works for you? Goat milk? Coconut milk? Could you specify? Thanks.

Nikkie111

Postby Nikkie111 » Tue May 17, 2016 12:31 pm

jaumeb wrote:Nikkie, which is the kefir that works for you? Goat milk? Coconut milk? Could you specify? Thanks.

Yes goats milk

There is a specific company here in UK that makes it so I don't make myself, but it's award winning and they made it with cooperation with dr who came up with GAPS :)

jaumeb

Postby jaumeb » Tue May 17, 2016 1:26 pm

Thanks Nikkie

Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”