Just desperate to vent and hopefully get some support

Discuss getting a diagnosis, educational help & electronic devices and apps for autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

luvpiggy

Just desperate to vent and hopefully get some support

Postby luvpiggy » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:41 am

Hi,

I decided to delete my very long and personal post. I am just really having a hard time with my son right now, and I was just desperate for some support.

Thank you!

B.L. Pike

Re: Just desperate to vent and hopefully get some support

Postby B.L. Pike » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:02 pm

luvpiggy, I hear you, and I'm so sorry for your pain today. This is such a tough slog, and it does help some to reach out to others who understand.

I hope by now things have quieted at your house. I always feel like the pressure just builds, and I'm never entirely free of it, and then it seems like it just goes over the top. But fortunately the other thing that happens with these desperate moments is that we get a glimpse into how our child operates and what things crank him up, and even what things might bring him down off the frustrating behavior. So it gets better as we go on, because we learn to see the world through his eyes a bit better, and we learn how to make that world an easier place for us both to live in.

When you feel better, do treat yourself to something special, even if it's something small. We need to take good care of ourselves too!
Gentle hugs,
B.L.

TheVeryNiceLady

Re: Just desperate to vent and hopefully get some support

Postby TheVeryNiceLady » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:47 pm

It's been a month since you posted and Hopefully things at home are easier now, but I just wanted to send you Hugs and tell you that you're not alone ( everyone, with Autistic kids or not, is having a bad day or few, once in a while). Take a deep breath and take one day at a time!

Return to “Autism Support/Education/Technology”