1st night LDN was awful:(

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

Jillh

1st night LDN was awful:(

Postby Jillh » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:20 am

We began LDN transdermal last night. I rubbed .1ml on his lower back at 10pm. He woke up at 3am for the day:(
I tried everything but couldn't get him back to sleep. He's typically a great sleeper, 8pm-7am with no waking. But he's always been the kiddo if he wakes up he stays up. Anyways he is very happy but very wild!! Super hyper and running around the house. I know both of these are side effects of LDN. I was just curious if anyone else experienced them and how long they last???????
My plan is to begin with .1ml and bump each week till we hit .5ml.
Thanks!!

Nikkie111

Re: 1st night LDN was awful:(

Postby Nikkie111 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:10 am

Jillh wrote:We began LDN transdermal last night. I rubbed .1ml on his lower back at 10pm. He woke up at 3am for the day:(
I tried everything but couldn't get him back to sleep. He's typically a great sleeper, 8pm-7am with no waking. But he's always been the kiddo if he wakes up he stays up. Anyways he is very happy but very wild!! Super hyper and running around the house. I know both of these are side effects of LDN. I was just curious if anyone else experienced them and how long they last???????
Thanks!!

Oh yes!!! We started bad then lowered the dose and he started sleeping through no probs but waking up at 5:30-6:00 , then started taking ages to fall asleep so ended up stopping :(
I'm gutted cause he responded well calm on the day etc but this waking up early drive me mad as he ended up being really tired in the day

My oldest one wakes up early but he's doing great and occupies himself while we re sleeping so no issues there but had to stop for my little one so you have my sympathies...
What you can do is start even smaller, like half ml and give it around midnight. Just FYI it's supposed to resolve itself and it kind of did for us but the waking up early didn't

Good luck x

Jillh

Postby Jillh » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:49 am

Nikkie111 wrote:
Jillh wrote:We began LDN transdermal last night. I rubbed .1ml on his lower back at 10pm. He woke up at 3am for the day:(
Thanks!!

Oh yes!!! We started bad then lowered the dose and he started sleeping through no probs but waking up at 5:30-6:00 , then started taking ages to fall asleep so ended up stopping :(
I'm gutted cause he responded well calm on the day etc but this waking up early drive me mad as he ended up being really tired in the day

My oldest one wakes up early but he's doing great and occupies himself while we re sleeping so no issues there but had to stop for my little one so you have my sympathies...
What you can do is start even smaller, like half ml and give it around midnight. Just FYI it's supposed to resolve itself and it kind of did for us but the waking up early didn't

Good luck x

Thanks:)) I gave it last night at 10pm, so I'll push it closer to midnight and see if that helps. I only gave him .1ml last night, so it was a tiny amount and I think I'll stick with .1ml tonight and see how it goes. Fingers crossed and I'll update tomorrow. Good news is he's having a great day so far:))

Nikkie111

Postby Nikkie111 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:27 am

Ahh just realised you said 0.1!! Thought you said 1!!! Yes of course it's tiny stick with it and great news you're doing great! I didn't mind the 6am wake up till he started delaying his bedtime by an hour and that's when I couldn't take it anymore unfortunately

keep us updated x

Marya

Postby Marya » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:35 pm

Nikkie111 wrote:
Thanks!!

Good luck x

Sorry to bother Nikkie and Jillh! I wonder if any of you has tried Astragalus and noticed good results? And for how long have you tried it

Jillh

Postby Jillh » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:29 pm

Marya wrote:
Nikkie111 wrote:
Thanks!!

Good luck x

Sorry to bother Nikkie and Jillh! I wonder if any of you has tried Astragalus and noticed good results? And for how long have you tried it

We have not tried Astragalus. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful!

Nikkie111

Postby Nikkie111 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:14 am

Marya wrote:
Nikkie111 wrote:
Thanks!!

Good luck x

Not sure about that one, the Lyme community is a bit against it as it could cause autoimmune issues
I tried it with my little one not sure I've seen much but it could be the brand...
If you use it is say use something potent alcohol based x

Jillh

Postby Jillh » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:57 am

Just wanted to update on our LDN experience. My son has been taking it a little over a week. His dose will be .5ml, but we started him at .1ml and we are working up. The first night I dosed at 10pm and he woke up at 3am for the day! The second night I gave it at midnight and he slept through the night (thank you Nikkie111)!
We are giving .3ml and he's doing great! No sleep issues and no other behavioral problems as side effects.
He seems happier and calmer over all. A lot less scripting and more easy going if i interrupt his play or scripts. Yesterday we went to an amusement park, something we have never attempted. He had a great time! He even waited in line for 30 minutes for one ride!! He also waited in line for the merry go round only to find out it was broken and moved on with no problem. I am excited to see how this helps him as time passes. We will work up to .5ml over the next couple weeks.

Nikkie111

Postby Nikkie111 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:20 am

Jillh wrote:Just wanted to update on our LDN experience. My son has been taking it a little over a week. His dose will be .5ml, but we started him at .1ml and we are working up. The first night I dosed at 10pm and he woke up at 3am for the day! The second night I gave it at midnight and he slept through the night (thank you Nikkie111)!
We are giving .3ml and he's doing great! No sleep issues and no other behavioral problems as side effects.
He seems happier and calmer over all. A lot less scripting and more easy going if i interrupt his play or scripts. Yesterday we went to an amusement park, something we have never attempted. He had a great time! He even waited in line for 30 minutes for one ride!! He also waited in line for the merry go round only to find out it was broken and moved on with no problem. I am excited to see how this helps him as time passes. We will work up to .5ml over the next couple weeks.

Hey well done!!!!! Brilliant news!!!!!

Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”