Lemongrass as antifungal

Discuss autism diets and biomedical treatments of autism.

Moderator: ModeratorBill

JeniB

Lemongrass as antifungal

Postby JeniB » Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:06 am

Antifungal Herbs
Lemongrass - Lemongrass is antifungal, antibacterial, anti-parasitic and anti-inflammatory. It helps to relieve digestive ailments and fluid retention, helps the body regenerate connective tissues and ligaments, dilates blood vessels, improves circulation and promotes lymph flow. It’s also used to treat bladder infections, varicose veins, promote mental alertness and clarity, sinus and respiratory ailments

Fresh lemongrass is available in many grocery stores nowadays and makes a fantastic addition to Asian dishes.

Lemongrass tea is divine. Lemongrass oil is popular in aromatherapy blends.

You can also apply it topically, but you may want to dilute it in a carrier oil, as using it straight can produce a red, itchy “rash”. It’s not so much a true rash as an increase of blood flow to the area, but still, it can be uncomfortable. In that case you can grind or grate fresh lemongrass and blend it with a little coconut, almond or avocado oil.

Alternatively, use lemongrass tea or tincture for internal or external application.
Jen
(mom of 3)

iherb referral code: HOF516
save $5 on first purchase

amanda NC

Re: Lemongrass as antifungal

Postby amanda NC » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:51 am

Thanks JeniB! News I can use :D
Amanda, mom of 3

mimicry

Postby mimicry » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:16 pm

yet another benefit of my favorite food pho. Actually we really love Vietnamese and Thai food in general, and they both use a fair amount of lemongrass.

Dani

Postby Dani » Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:57 pm

Interesting. We eat Vietnamese or Thai food at least once a week. My daughter LOVES Vietnamese pho. We've been taking her to eat pho since she was a toddler.
I didn't know how strong I could be until I had to be.

mimicry

Postby mimicry » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:01 pm

Dani wrote:Interesting. We eat Vietnamese or Thai food at least once a week. My daughter LOVES Vietnamese pho. We've been taking her to eat pho since she was a toddler.

same here with Cade, he was about 15 months, it's probably his favorite food, and he loves the spicy too!

dabaxter

Postby dabaxter » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:52 pm

Have you tried it yet Jen and seen a difference in yeast symptoms?
$5 off iherb.com. Use:REW815/$5 off pureformulas.com Use:RJNXCX

Kari

Postby Kari » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:26 pm

I have this essential oil, but one of my books says it's not effective for candida. The most effective ones for candida, according to this book, are oregano, thyme and cinnamon. It says that treatment of candida with essential oils is extremely effective. I wonder if diffusing it would be of much benefit. Lemongrass smells wonderful. It's a great alternative to those chemical frangrances we want to avoid.

mimicry

Postby mimicry » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:46 pm

Kari wrote:I have this essential oil, but one of my books says it's not effective for candida. The most effective ones for candida, according to this book, are oregano, thyme and cinnamon. It says that treatment of candida with essential oils is extremely effective. I wonder if diffusing it would be of much benefit. Lemongrass smells wonderful. It's a great alternative to those chemical frangrances we want to avoid.

diffusing works, as it gets in the bloodstream via the nose. Lavender and tea tree (maleluca) are good ones too. Thieves is probably the best all around essential oil though, it covers everything, we love it!

But, I will say, I have a completely terrible case of athletes foot that comes and goes, and it's deep. Essential oils have never been enough to take care of it, although they help greatly. I think it all depends on the severity whether natural remedies like food and oils will help.

dabaxter

Postby dabaxter » Wed May 29, 2013 3:33 pm

Has anybody used this as an antibacterial or antifungal?
$5 off iherb.com. Use:REW815/$5 off pureformulas.com Use:RJNXCX

respect

Postby respect » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:29 am

We use Thieves Oil . Excellent

Cinnamon, lemon, clove Rosemary and Eucalyptus
(I also add thyme oil in mine)

I burn it in a burner when we get sick.

I use it for cleaning

also rubbed on bottom of feet when sick and
poured onto wet wipes when travelling in air planes, etc (don't let it get near your eyes)

cleans the air - antiseptic

You can make your own or buy the commercially prepared stuff
(making your own far far cheaper - equal drops of each oil in a bottle.

The story of Thieves Oil is that robbers during the bubonic plague were hauled up in front a judge and asked why, when they
were thieving, they did not catch the plague - they told the judge the oil protected them.

Is that story true? I don't know. But i do love the fragrance, especially in the winter.

http://essentialwellness.tumblr.com/pos ... ential-oil

http://www.smallfootprintfamily.com/how ... oil-recipe

epiccentre

Postby epiccentre » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:50 am

Lemongrass is good for health. everyone should try lemongrass juice.

Return to “Diet and Biomedical Treatments for Autism”